Finding the house that is right for you is harder than ever. In hot city markets, inventory is tight, competition is fierce and inspection contingency periods are dwindling. Homes are requiring a larger percentage of our net worth to buy and we are collectively taking greater risks with ever more expensive and complex houses. It has never been more important for homebuyers and real estate professionals to develop skills for looking at and truly understanding houses.
In this innovative new book, The Confident House Hunter, you can unlock the secrets to looking at houses like a pro. Home inspector Dylan Chalk condenses his experience inspecting over 5000 houses into useful tips and strategies so you are prepared for house hunting and your home inspection.
• Understand what constitutes the bones of a house so you can distinguish routine maintenance from genuine dysfunction
• Develop helpful strategies for comparing and contrasting houses
• Learn practical terms and critical vocabulary
• Be prepared for the findings uncovered during a home inspection
• Get your expectations in alignment with the homes you see
• Find the house that is right for you