Mike Twitty – History of Electrical Codes and Inspections
September 12 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
History of electrical codes and wiring methods
Mike Twitty: Homescan Property Inspections
• A discussion of the development, purpose, and scope of the NEC.
• Conductor types, wiring methods, and associated timelines. (30
• Panel types, manufacturers, and installation requirements. (20
• Overcurrent protection (10 min.)
• GFCI and AFCI timelines (30 min.)
• How to report and recommend upgrades (10 min.)
This course is designed to review the history of the
development of the National Electric Code and the evolution
of common wiring methods. The emphasis will focus on
typical installations that home inspectors encounter daily.
Discussions will include, how, what, when to report issues, and
concerns. We will discuss how to find and use NEC references.
The timelines of specific requirements and methods will be
covered. GFCI and arc fault protection will be covered in
depth. What is “grandfathered” in existing homes? Examples
of recommended upgrades to ensure safety will be given.
Feedback and questions from participants will be encouraged.
ASHI WA Tips for Taking Online Classes
(Unfamiliar with Zoom online meeting tool? You do not have to have a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting. You will be prompted to download the software, once you have clicked on the link that you have been provided via your email address. You may also wish to create an account, but that is not required to participate in a Zoom meeting.)
- Treat an online course like a “real” course.
- Hold yourself accountable.
- ASHIW WA commitment to quality, three interactive roll calls will occur.
1- At the course commencement
2- Upon our return from break
Failure to respond to any roll call event will result in your inability to qualify for CE credit certification. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Practice time management, courses will stay on tempo – start and finish as published.
- Eliminate distractions, set up for success
- Actively participate, use chat.
- The event will be recorded for accuracy and accountability.